As people updating to newer iOS version, they slowly realize that some of their favorite third-party apps are no longer working.
This happens because Apple tried to fix loopholes that allow these apps to be installed. Recently, they patched the certificate that many users use to jailbreak their iOS 9.3.3 directly on the device.
iRec used to be a popular screen recorder for iPhone developed by iNoCydia.
It has some outstanding features:
- Jailbreak isn’t required
- Easy to use
Unfortunately, the app stopped working on newer firmware a long time ago. As a result, many moved on to using AirShou, QuickTime (if you have a Mac), and similar software-based utility.
But here is the good news for those that have been waiting….
iRec 2.0 is here and it’s better than ever.
Last year, the dev of iRec demoed a working version of the app on iOS 9.2. This firmware isn’t old at all.
With that being said, iRec 2.0 is promised to work with whatever iOS that your iPhone or iPad is running on, even some of the latest one.
- iOS 9.3.3 or lower
- and iOS 10 beta
You didn’t see that coming huh?
How to Install iRec on your iOS without Jailbreak
The app is having a soft-lauched right now so you better hurry up.
- Go to iRec official site by clicking here (on your computer)
- Scroll down and click on Download IPA under iRec for iOS 9-10
- Click here to get Cydia Impactor
- Drag and drop the .iPA onto the software and sign in using your Apple ID
- After that, iRec will be signed and installed on your iPhone
Wait a few minutes for iRec to download on your device. Once the app’s icon is fully visible, launch it. If you can’t open the app, follow this tutorial.
One of the many things I like about iRec is that it’s easy to use. The simple interface will let you navigate and use the application with ease.
Now that you’ve successfully record the screen of your iPhone, you have several options.
- Save it to the Camera Roll
- Upload it to media streaming sites (YouTube, Twitch, etc.)
- Share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+
OR whatever you can come up with. Enjoy!