Although there are several popular Cydia tweaks for the stock YouTube app on iOS, YouTube++ has always been my favorite package.
You can see the tweak as an enhancer that adds missing features to the YouTube app that you download from the App Store. In addition to that, we all know that the Google-owned company also provide premium and exclusive features in the app through their YouTube Red program.
- Uninterrupted music (background playback)
- Ad-free (Never see ads again)
And that’s when YouTube++ tweak comes in to unlock these premium features, provide it all for free, and extend the app with some more of their own functionality such as saving YouTube videos directly on your iPhone or iPad.
No need for a computer, software, or third-party apps.
How to Install YouTube++ for iOS 10 without Jailbreak
- Grab the .ipa file from here (Thanks /u/JMccormick264 for sharing)
- Click here to download the latest Cydia Impactor
- Connect your iOS device to the computer
- Open up Cydia Impactor > Drag & Drop the .ipa file to it
- Enter your Apple ID and Password
For the last step, if it doesn’t work, you might have to generate a specific password from the iCloud website.
Wait for the app to be signed and installed on your iPhone. After that, go to Settings > General > Device Management. Under this page, look for the YouTube++ profile with your Apple email and tap Trust.
When done, you can open the YouTube app and enjoy every bit of it without paying an extra dime. You can listen to music from the app even if you exit it out, we all know this is impossible without YouTube Red.
If you like a video that you wish to view again offline, take advantage of the download feature on it as well. Unfortunately, you will have to do the same installing process after seven days.
Save YouTube Videos and Convert to MP3
The first method seems to work very well for most users, but the only problem is that they have to re-sign the app every week. This can be a big hassle for a lot of people.
Here is another tutorial on how to download music from YouTube and use it for offline listening.
- You do not need a jailbroken device
- No need for Xcode or Cydia Impactor
- This method does not add any additional features to the YouTube app
How to Download YouTube Videos using Document 5
- Go to the App Store and download an app called Document 5
- Using your Safari go on two different websites: m.youtube.com and savefrom.net
- Search for any videos you like to download and copy the URL
- Switch to the other tab (savefrom.net) and paste that link
- Now choose Audio MP4, and you will get a unique googlevideo link
- Copy and paste that to the browser in your Document 5 app
- The app will pick it up and start downloading
Since we’re doing this on an iOS device that isn’t jailbroken, it will take several steps.
So far so good? You can stop at this point if you want to. But keep in mind that the video will be downloaded in MP4 format.
In other words, these are videos and if you lock your iPhone, the music will stop playing as well. This takes us to another set of instructions.
How to Convert YouTube Videos to MP3 without Jailbreak
- Download MyMP3 for your iPhone or iPad (from the App Store)
- Go back to Document 5 > Downloads folder > Select Edit
- Choose an MP4 file and tap on More > Open In > MyMP3
You will be redirected to the other app for the converted file. Repeat the same process for other YouTube videos.
This was written based on my personal experience. I tried several other methods, but none of them seems to work, or Apple revoked their certificates.
If you found a better solution, feel free to comment down below.