With Nintendo still at an early stage of releasing mobile games for the iPhone and iPad, it will take forever for the company to put out releases such as Pokemon Emerald or any of the Super Mario games for iOS.
Instead of waiting, what you can do is install a third-party emulator that allows you to play these classic Nintendo DS games right on your iOS device. Really! Once you download the emulator, it will give you access to any Nintendo DS games on your iPhone.
The emulator that we were referring to is iNDS. This app brings the Nintendo DS console to your fingertips. The best part? No jailbreak is required.
How to Download iNDS IPA for iOS 11
- Click here to download the .IPA file for iNDS.
- You will also need to install Cydia Impactor on your computer. Get the software from this link.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer.
- Open up Impactor.
- Look for the iNDS.ipa file that you downloaded earlier. Drag and drop it into Cydia Impactor.
- It will ask for your Apple ID and password. Enter to continue.
- Wait for a few minutes for the app to be installed.
When done, open your iOS device to see if the app is there. If it is, you’re one step closer to playing your favorite Nintendo DS games.
Open the Settings app > General > Device Management. Look for your email address (hint: it’s your Apple ID used earlier) and tap Trust. This tells your iPhone that the app is safe and it’s okay to be launch.
For instructions on how to use iNDS emulator, scroll down to the last part of this tutorial.
How to Install iNDS Without a Computer
If for some reason you can’t sideload iNDS using Cydia Impactor, there is another way to do it. iEmulator is a web-based service that provides emulators and screen recorders for non-jailbroken iOS devices.
iNDS happen to be one that’s available to grab from their site. This means you do not need a computer to install the app.
To install iNDS directly on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Safari browser on your iOS device.
- Type in the following address: iemulators.com/inds (direct link).
- Select the app and tap on “Install iNDS”.
- Once the emulator is downloaded, do not open it yet. If you tap on it, there will be a popup that says, “Untrusted Enterprise Developer.”
- Go to the Settings > General > Device Management
- Under Enterprise App, select one of the profiles that belong to iNDS. Then, tap Trust.
Go back to the home screen and open your iNDS emulator.
Upon opening, there isn’t much to see. If everything works, you should see a read header that says ROM list. The top left-hand corner is the Settings icon and on the top right-hand corner consists of the Report a Bug and Search options.
Download a Nintendo DS Game ROM
Like I mentioned earlier, the main screen should look plain. The reason being iNDS doesn’t come with any preloaded games. You will have to download the ROM files yourself. Luckily, the developer has made it super easy to do so.
Tap on the Search icon and a built-in browser will come up. It even takes you to a pre-filled Google web search.
Tap on one of the results and select any game you wish to download. I’m going to use Pokemon – Black Version as an example. Locate the “Download” button for the ROM of your choice and click on it. The file should automatically be downloaded to your iPhone.
After you download the ROM file, your iNDS app will let you open it.
It’s important that you own the rights to any of the Nintendo DS ROMs before downloading them to your iOS device.
I would like to thank WilliamLCobb for making iNDS and hollr2099 for providing the IPA file.