You came here because you tried to download iNDS, a Nintendo DS emulator, on your iOS 10 and it fails to install. Not a surprise at all because Apple revoked its certificate.
Since the release of iOS 9 and 10, it has become harder to install emulators and third-party apps on the iPhone and iPad. Although these apps do no harm to your iOS device, they still violate Apple’s guidelines. As a result, you can’t download them on the App Store. The company further enforce its ruling by revoking the signing certificates by showing “Unable to download the app” error message.
But don’t worry, we still have Cydia Impactor and Xcode. You can still use these tool to sideload iNDS emulator.
The Old Method
Before we get into the sideloading part, let’s try the traditional method. In other words, we will be installing iNDS from a website directly on your device.
- Open Safari and go to iemulators.com/inds
- Tap on the iNDS box and choose Install
- You will be redirected back and forth between pages to install the profile
- When done, you won’t be able to launch the emulator yet. Go to the Settings app
- Navigate to General > Profiles & Device Management
- Find the profile of iNDS and tap Trust
Go back to your home screen and launch the app.
How to Sideload iNDS on iOS 10
As I mentioned earlier, installing this DS emulator on iOS using the method above will become unreliable at times. Another way we can combat that problem is by signing the certificate on our own. I like to use Cydia Impactor in this case because it works on both Windows & Mac and it’s user-friendly.
- Head over to this post to grab Cydia Impactor
- Click here to download the iNDS.ipa (v1.5.4)
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer
- Drag and drop the .ipa file to Cydia Impactor. It will ask for your Apple ID and password
- Enter your credentials and the app will be installed
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management
- Trust the iNDS app you installed earlier
Now you can play the game. One thing to keep in mind is that free developer account can only sign an app for seven days. This means you will have to repeat the steps above once a week.
Alternative to iNDS?
Do you still have difficulty installing the emulator on your iPhone? Don’t worry because iNDS isn’t the only app out there. We recently published a review on Delta emulator. Give it a try and see if it will work on your device.
If any errors occurred during the sideloading process in Impactor, check out this guide to learn how to troubleshoot.