Often time, many iOS users see errors in Cydia Eraser before getting a chance to remove jailbreak from their device.
This encourages them to use the traditional restore method from iTunes rather than finding a solution to the problem.
To me, that’s understandable. There aren’t much posts out there that discuss the common issues people face while using Cydia Eraser tweak.
There is nothing wrong with restoring from iTunes, but the outcome might not be what you’d like.
- Restoring from iTunes require a computer
- It forces you to update to the latest firmware. This usually mean losing jailbreak since there is no compatible jailbreak utility as of writing this.
- and, of course, it takes longer than using Cydia Eraser.
If you’re here because you want to investigate and find a solution to the problem you’re having, then keep on reading.
There is more to this message, here is the original context.
Error…The Request timed out.
I don’t know about you, but I was able to fix this issue by resetting my network. If your internet is acting up, switch to a different one or goes to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
If that still didn’t help, enter No Substrate Mode and run Cydia Eraser. That will be most likely to work.
And again, the rest of the message goes like this:
Weird, isn’t it? Oddly, this problem was caused by a tweak called ControllersForAll. It created files such as cfacontrol.sock that prevent Cydia Eraser from running.
To remove these files:
- Connect your iPhone to a computer
- Download i-Funbox and open it
- Navigate to this directory: Library > Caches
- Delete cfacontrol.sock file
- You should also remove the BTstack file from tmp as well
After that, go back to your iOS device and run Cydia Eraser again.
Remove Custom Fonts or Settings
If you installed a custom font or a tweak that might change some settings on your device, it will cause Cydia Eraser not to work.
The solution would be removing them and then unjailbreak your device after.
If you have a different issue, let me know in the comment section below.