Imagine yourself in a middle of an intense workout and your Fitness Plus keeps disconnecting from your Apple Watch. How disappointing!
When you’re using Fitness+ app on your iPad or Apple TV and it gets disconnected, a popup will appear with the following message:
Looking for Apple Watch
To show your metrics, your watch needs to be unlocked and have Bluetooth turned on.
Work Out Without Watch
Sure, this makes sense if you move too far away from your device. However, some Apple Watch users still experience the constant disconnection from their Fitness Plus app even when their watch is within range.
How to Fix Fitness Plus Videos Interference Issues
Some iPad and Apple TVs have had issues connecting to the Apple Watch. As a result, the connection can be interrupted at any time. If you find yourself unable to finish a single Fitness+ video, follow some of the tips below.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Wait about 10 seconds before turning them back on.
- If you’re using Fitness+ on your Apple TV, ensure that it has no more than one Bluetooth connection. If your Apple TV is connected to multiple Bluetooth devices, this could be the primary issue.
- All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network. Make sure your Apple Watch, Apple TV or iPad are all connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Reboot your iPad. If you’re watching Fitness+ workout videos on your iPad, rebooting the device will certainly help.
- There have been some reports from Apple Watch users that Fitness+ does not currently work with the Airpods Pro. Remove and disconnect your AirPod Pros from Fitness+ will resolve the connectivity issue.
Hopefully, some of the solutions above were able to help you watch through the entire workout videos from Fitness+ without any pauses or interruption.