For those of you who came here after using Yalu Jailbreak for iOS 10 devices and got stuck at this error, the tutorial below will work on your version as well.
Shortly after jailbreaking my iPhone 6 using the PG Client app, everything seems to work fine from the outside.
How did I know?
- My device rebooted
- Cydia didn’t crash upon opening
I was feeling relief until this showed up
Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status — open (2: No such file or directory)
This package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
These kind of popups are usually normal, so I thought it’s not a big deal.
Not until I switch over to the Changes tab. There is nothing there. Whenever I choose Refresh, the error would display again. So everything was empty except for the default Sources and Cydia’s main screen.
I did a quick search on Google regarding this, and none of the tutorials would help, and some were way off.
Thankfully, someone recently published a short guide on how to fix this problem. Shout out to /u/senditdown on Reddit.
Fix Cydia Could Not Open File /Var/lib/dpkg/status
A lot of people have tried the following method:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
But no chance of resolving anything.
If that’s the case, try this:
- Download the NewTerm .deb from here
- Mac users can use iOS App Signer to turn it from .deb to .iPA. Windows users can follow this video or this
- Download Cydia Impactor from here and sideload the MobileTerminal.ipa to your iOS device
- Go to the official site of i-Funbox and download it. Also, this lib.zip file as well
- Open iFunbox and navigate to /var/mobile/Media/Books then drop the ‘lib’ folder to that directory
Last but not least, open MobileTerminal on your iPhone or iPad and type in the following commands.
type in your password. default is alpine
type: cp -R /var/mobile/Media/Books/lib /var
After that, Cydia should start working again. For those who have either iFile or Filza and Mobile Terminal installed already, you can start with Step 4 and forward.
How to Fix com.teiron.pphelper error in Cydia
When I finished troubleshooting the “Could Not Open File…” error there is another one that pop out and this one says something like this:
trying to overwrite ‘/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries’, which is also in package com.teiron.pphelperns
Luckily, this problem is a bit easier to resolve since it doesn’t require a computer or installing another app. Switch over to the Installed tab and look for an app called PP Helper. Go ahead and uninstall that tweak.
Respring your iOS device, and you can start installing Cydia tweaks as usual again.
I hope this help and Happy Jailbreaking!
I received several messages today from readers asking about a new error in Mobile Terminal that says: “Not allowed to fork from inside Sandbox.” This error message usually appears when your iOS device is not in a jailbroken state. If your iPhone or iPad is running 9.x.x, then use the Pangu app to re-jailbreak it.
We are looking into this problem and will update this post soon. Until then, please don’t mess around with your iPhone to avoid any further issues.
Cydia is Showing DPKG_LOCKED
This problem appears when a user is trying to install a package from Cydia, and during the installation, it shows the DPKG_locked error.
If you want to fix this problem, try the following steps:
- Just like the tutorial above, we’re going to need some sort of SSH client to login into our device. I recommend using PuTTY regardless of your computer OS (Windows or Mac).
- Connect your iPhone to the computer
- Open PuTTY and enter the following info t it: Host IP: 127.0.0.1 and Port 22
- Your login credentials will be root / alpine (default password)
- Now type in the following command: dpkg –configure -a
- Press enter and then logout of the screen
After you disconnect your iOS device, try to open the Cydia and install a tweak from the Changes tab. See if the error continues to show up. If it does, comment down below the error code, and we’ll try to help.