Who else wake up every morning and start checking their Instagram feed right away? It’s a habit I’m trying to get rid of, but it seems impossible. Not to mention, with my Apple Watch I can just raise my wrist, and Instagram is right in front of my face.
For those of you who didn’t know, this app is actually compatible with the Apple Watch.
After you sync Instagram with your watch, you can:
- Receive notifications
- See photos posted by others on your feed
- Like and comment on posts directly from your watch
Isn’t that awesome? Well, all that fancy experience stopped the minute you see an issue with the Instagram app on your Apple Watch.
Here is a list of errors that people have reported:
The network connection was lost
Unable to load feed (We’re sorry, something went wrong. Please try again)
Those are a few error messages that you shouldn’t be surprised of seeing on the Instagram app, especially when using it on the Apple Watch. As for me, I saw one that says,
The operation couldn’t be completed. (IGFoundationNetworkingErrorDomain error -10011.)
Luckily, the solution to this problem is easier than you might think.
How to Fix Instagram Issues on your Apple Watch
- On your iPhone, go to the Instagram app
- Log out of your account
- Delete the app and re-install it from the App Store (Totally optional)
- Log back into your account
This time it should work on your Apple Watch. If it doesn’t, there are a few more steps you can take.
- Update to the latest watchOS version by going to the Watch app > General > Software Update
- Make sure you are connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network
- Force close the Instagram app on your Apple Watch
- Enable Bluetooth
After trying out at least one or multiple methods above, your Instagram feed and account should start loading on the watch. I found that the lost network connection error had to do with my internet so you might have to look into that as well.