Siri is one of the reasons why almost everything on your Apple Watch is now easier to access. Users no longer need to pull out their iPhone to check for new notifications or send a quick reply.
When this intelligent assistant is activated, be it on any Apple products, your life is now even simpler.
Just like on the iPhone, sometimes, Siri doesn’t work the way we expect it to be. Recently, when I try to use the “Hey Siri” command nothing would show up or activate the program.
Another time, Siri was working and then suddenly stopped while I still giving the command. It’s really hard to pinpoint the exact problem or solution because it can vary from users to users.
After a few tricks, I was able to get Siri to work again. In this article, I’ll show you how to do that.
But first, please check and do the following thing just to make sure that it’s not your fault that Hey Siri isn’t working.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is up and running.
- If you have no internet connection, then turn it on and recheck.
Still no help? Follow the instructions below.
How to Fix Hey Siri on an Apple Watch
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Siri
- Enable Siri (if you haven’t done so)
- Check that Allow Hey Siri is turned On
- Now turn Siri off and wait 30 seconds then turn it back on
- Perform Step 2 and 3 with your Apple Watch
- Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone
- Unpair both devices and re-pair them (optional)
Doing the above steps will eventually get both Siri and Hey Siri to start working again on your Apple Watch.
A problem like this only happen to a handful of users, and so not a lot of people know a quick fix to it. But hey, now that you got this issue fixed, it’s time to start asking and assigning tasks again.
According to David Sparks of MacSparky, for Hey Siri to work on your watch, “the screen needs to be lit. It won’t activate when the screen is dark”. That is something to remember when it happens again.
In case problems with Siri still arise, you should reset the watch back to its factory settings. Do keep in mind that this will erase everything from contents, settings, to applications so make sure you save a backup beforehand.
“Hey Siri” Not Working on iPhone
As I mentioned earlier, the problem with Hey Siri doesn’t occur on an Apple Watch. I recently experienced the same problem on my iPhone 6s Plus as well.
I was able to activate Siri when using the command, however, she didn’t respond to anything after that.
Here are a few ways to fix this issue.
- Disable and then re-enable Siri settings
- Make sure you turn on Hey Siri beforehand (Go to Settings > General > Siri > Allow “Hey Siri”)
- Check if you have a working internet connection. Siri needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi network before answering your questions
- Turn off Low Power Mode. This feature was introduced to save you battery, but it also disable Hey Siri
- Restart your iPhone
- Get the latest Apple firmware
Those are some of the reported methods to get Hey Siri, and the Siri features to work correctly on your iOS device.