- Electra is a new jailbreak toolkit released by developer CoolStar.
- It supports all devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) running iOS 11 to 11.1.2
- This is not a regular jailbreak. The purpose of this release is for developers and themers.
As you may know, jailbreak for iOS 10.x and 11.x are out. However, they still lack Cydia and compatible packages. Saurik has been reportedly working to update his Cydia Substrate to work with iOS 11.
In the meantime, if you are a developer or themers, there is a new tool on the block called Electra to help aid your process. As noted by developer CoolStar, Electra is a jailbreak toolkit; it’s not designed for regular users. If you want an actual jailbreak for iOS 11.x, please use LiberiOS.
The Electra jailbreak will include the following:
- Anemone (you still have to load your own themes)
- GNU CoreUtilities
- SSH (Dropbear, SCP and an SFTP server are running on ports 22 and 2222)
- Safe Mode
This jailbreak does NOT include:
Again, this is not for general use.
Here is what CoolStar was able to do with the help of his jailbreak and Anemone tweak.
Download Electra Jailbreak IPA
You can visit the official website of Electra and click on the download button to obtain the latest version. As of writing this post, it’s currently dubbed Electra b1.ipa.
How to Install Electra Jailbreak on iOS 11 – 11.1.2
- Download the IPA file from the link above.
- You will also need Cydia Impactor to sideload the app.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer.
- Drag and drop the .ipa file into Impactor’s first field.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Wait for the sideloading process to complete.
Unlock your iOS device and check for Electra’s icon on your home screen. Tapping on it for the first time will bring up the “Untrusted Developer” popup. You can fix this by going to the Settings app > General > Device & Management.
Open the Electra app and hit the Jailbreak button. Make sure that you run the app with the “Tweaks” option enabled. This way Electra can install Anemone on your device as well.
Some users recently reported problems with the jailbreak. CoolStar publicly addressed it via his Twitter with a solution. If you get stuck on a black screen or reboot, then run this over SSH to enable tweaks.
That’s pretty much it with the new Electra jailbreak. This toolkit is designed for people who know how to make Cydia tweaks or themes. Regular users shouldn’t use it.