Have you ever thought of using SoundCloud as your primary music streaming app on the go but then come to the realization that you can’t save any tracks on their app for offline listening? You are not alone. Just like any other music streaming apps, SoundCloud needs to be connected to Wi-Fi. Without an internet connection, their web-based player or iOS app will not be able to play any of your selected songs.
On the App Store, you should be able to find a few apps that let you download songs from SoundCloud. We recently featured one called SoundCloud Downloader Pro. Unfortunately, the app didn’t last for a very long time (either Apple or the developer has taken it down).
In today’s tutorial, we will show you two easy ways to save SoundCloud songs on your iPhone without having to jailbreak your device or use any apps from the App Store.
Download Songs From SoundCloud on iOS with DownCloud
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone
- Navigate to iosem.us
- Tap on any icon’s design you like and select Install
- On your home screen, you should see the iOSEmus app. Go ahead and open it
- Tap on the “Install” section (with the Package icon) and choose DownCloud
- Select Install and proceed
When the installation is completed, tap to open DownCloud, and you will see three options on the bottom of the screen. The first one is for downloaded songs; the middle is where you can find your playlist, and the search feature will connect you to the SoundCloud server. Use the third option to look for your favorite songs and then download it from there.
I gonna try something different. I’ll sideload an app called SoundCloud++ to on my iPhone. This one will install a clone version of the SoundCloud app. But this time, it will give you the option to download tracks from there.
- Download the SoundCloud++ .IPA from here
- Get Cydia Impactor and connect your iOS device to the computer
- Drag and drop the .IPA file to Cydia Impactor
- Enter your Apple ID and Password
- Wait for it to be signed
After SoundCloud++ has been added to your iPhone, you should be able to use it right away. Please note that you will need to re-sideload the app once its certificate expired (usually seven days) or else the app will stop working.
If you have a jailbroken iPhone or iPad, SaveCloud is what you’ve been searching for. This is a new jailbreak tweak that makes it super easy for iOS users to download songs from their SoundCloud application. Released by developer Majd Alfhaily (@freemanrepo) SaveCloud is now available on his self-hosted Cydia repo for free.
The instructions on how to install SaveCloud tweak is right below.
- Launch Cydia > Sources > Edit
- On the popup, enter the following URL: https://apt.alfhaily.me/
- Once the repo is added, go directly to it and tap on the Tweaks folder
- Scroll down until you find SaveCloud
- Tap Install and Respring
Don’t bother looking for a new app or tweak’s preference page. SaveCloud has been integrated directly into your SoundCloud app. This means you will be able to use it right inside the default application.
To check for the status of a downloaded song, look at the navigation on the bottom of the screen, you will see the download icon. Tap on it, and SaveCloud will show you the current progress and download percentage of each downloading track.