- LiberiOS is a new jailbreak for iOS 11.x released by developer Jonathan Levin or known as Morpheus.
- This tool also marks the second jailbreak for iPhone X.
- It works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 11 through 11.1.2.
Whether you’re running iOS 10.3.3 or iOS 11.1.1, there is a jailbreak for everyone. Yesterday, we put together a guide on how to use H3lix, also a new jailbreak utility released by developer tihmstar.
Now, if you’re running on iOS 11, I’m sure you can’t wait to see it being jailbroken. Without further ado, here is a tutorial on how to jailbreak your device using the new LiberiOS jailbreak.
Developer Morpheus claims support for 64-bit devices. Check below to see if you can use LiberiOS for it.
- iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, and X
- iPad Air (2)
- iPad mini 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6th
Another thing to keep in mind is that LiberiOS does not provide a fully functional jailbreak. At this point, Cydia Substrate has not been updated by Saurik. Therefore, you can only get access to root filesystem and SSH.
How to Jailbreak iOS 11 – 11.1.2 using LiberiOS
- Go ahead and download the latest version of LiberiOS from its official page.
- You will also need to download Cydia Impactor. We have a detailed article about it here.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer.
- Drag and drop Liberios.ipa into Impactor.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
- After entering your credentials, Cydia Impactor will start installing the IPA file.
You can expect LiberiOS to be installed within 30 seconds or so. If you see any popup or error message, please read this troubleshooting guide.
Once the app is installed, you will need to verify it. This can be done by going to the Settings app > General > Device Management.
Now that the installation process is completed, you can open the app on your home screen.
LiberiOS should look something like this on your iPhone or iPad.
Tap the “Do It” button and wait until you see the following messages:
Auto-updates were disabled
Binpack installed on /jailbreak
It worked. You can now exit the app.
LiberiOS is a semi-untethered jailbreak, and not everything works at the moment, especially Cydia. It’s very unreliable to install Cydia from third-party sources. You shouldn’t attempt to install any jailbreak tweaks.
LiberiOS v11.0.1 Update
An update to LiberiOS has been released, bringing it to version 11.0.1. If you were unable to jailbreak your device due to the missing offset error, this version already fixed that. Users can expect to see a better interface as well.
Here’s the full changelog:
Now with a proper GUI thanks to the talented @horatiohno
Supports all i-Devices, thanks to ARX8x
Also even more stable due to proper cleanup in one special case. Shouldn’t crash on you, but leme know if it does.
AMFId can be killed, be reborn, but will be just as debilitated 🙂
Arbitrary Dylib loading works. NO, CYDIA SUBSTRATE WON’T. Not my problem – @Saurik owns this one
Saurik is still working on getting Cydia to work with iOS 11. That said, you won’t be able to install any tweaks at the moment.