- The new g0blin jailbreak is a combination of v0rtex exploit and yalu102.
- You can use it for any A7-A9 devices running iOS 10.3.1 – 10.3.3.
- Cydia And Substrate are reportedly working.
You must be overwhelmed by now with all the new jailbreak releases from the past couple of days. These include LiberiOS, H3lix, and Houdini beta 2.
While this is good news for the community, the jailbreak tools that we mentioned did not come with Cydia. This is due to Saurik still not updating Cydia Substrate to work with iOS 10 and 11.
The new g0blin jailbreak, however, is similar to H3lix in a sense that it supports iOS 10.3.3 and some 64-bit devices. But, we’ve seen that Cydia is working properly after the device is jailbroken. You can actually install tweaks and themes after using the utility on your iPhone or iPad.
The following iPhone and iPad models are supported by the g0blin jailbreak:
- iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE
- iPad (5th generation), Pro
- iPad mini 2, 3, 4
- iPad Air 1, 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
Prepare for Jailbreak
Here is how you can install g0blin jailbreak on your iOS 10.3.3:
- Click here to download the latest version of the g0blin ipa. (Tip: Click clone or download > Download Zip)
- Unzip the file and you should see the IPA.
- Download Cydia Impactor from this page.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Drag and drop g0blin.ipa into Impactor.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
Wait for the app to be installed on your device. The app’s icon contains an angry devil emoji.
Before you can open g0blin, go to the Settings app. Navigate to General > Device Management. Then, tap Trust on the profile with your email address used in Step 6.
Congrats! You got the g0blin jailbreak app installed on your iPhone. The next step would be to actually jailbreak the device.
Tap to open the app. Select the pink “Jailbreak” button. Wait for the progress bar to complete.
When done, the g0blin app should say that you’re now jailbroken.
Like I mentioned earlier, this g0blin jailbreak comes with working Substrate. You’re ready to open Cydia and install tweaks such as Filza or custom themes for your iPhone.
Is this jailbreak fully functional?
The answer is yes and no. While the g0blin jailbreak does work as intended and Cydia is functional, not all tweaks and themes can be installed.
What to do when I can’t sideload the app?
If you have any problems with Cydia Impactor, seek out for help.
Cydia is showing a white screen and crashed?
It seems like a lot of users are having this problem. If you opened Cydia and it shows a white screen then proceed to crash, use the newest version of g0blin and try again.