Even though jailbreaking is safe and free to everyone, it’s not always accessible.
For example, if your iPhone or iPad is running iOS 10 or higher, you can’t install Cydia because there is no jailbreak utility for the firmware yet. But we really hope that will change soon.
The good news here is that even if your device is not jailbroken, you can still install something similar to Cydia without jailbreak.
There are alternatives that you can use to partially customize your stock iOS device, install gaming emulators, and more.
Keep in mind that when your iPhone isn’t jailbroken, it still have to stick with a lot of Apple restrictions. As a result, you might not be able to do as you wish to.
But hey, at least we got something, right?
Mojo Installer is one of the many popular Cydia alternatives for iOS device. This app allows you to install free tweaks and emulators. Not all but only the popular ones.
Here are some of our favorites:
- iNDS (review)
- iOS 10 Beta Profiles
And much more. Some of these might be recognizable to you and that’s because we’ve covered them on the blog.
What does Mojo Installer offer?
- Custom Repositories: If you know someone that have their own repo on this app, you can add it via their Repository tab.
- Offline Support: Almost every app nowadays require an internet connection. This one can work offline.
- Easy to Navigate: Really! The interface of Mojo Installer is very simple. You can easily navigate through it without any problem.
- Account Manager: Ever wanted to have a personal repo? With this feature, you can now manage one without coding knowledge.
- Featured Packages: Too many tweaks to choose from? Look at what the developers are recommending.
How to Install Mojo Installer on iOS without Jailbreak
- Open up your iPhone and go to Safari
- Enter mojoinstaller.co and press Enter
- Tap on the blue button that says, “Install directly from iDevice” and select Build Custom Profile
- You will be redirect back and forth just to tap on the Install and Trust multiple times
When done, the new Mojo Installer app should sit nicely on your home screen. Open it up and wait for it to update the software and refresh its packages.
After that, you can go ahead and install anything you want.
Emu4iOS isn’t actually an app but rather a website that you can go to on your Safari browser and download any emulators you like. Besides, it also has screen recorder like AirShou and the classic Flappy Bird game.
Just like Mojo Installer, Emu4iOS is the home to many third-party apps such as:
Please note that some of the apps on there are known for piracy and illegal activities, and we do not encourage our readers to participate in such. Applications like HiPStore and vShare should always be used for educational purposes or general testing before making the official purchase from the App Store.
We are strictly against piracy.
Enough of the warning, let’s dive right in.
How to Install Emu4iOS on your iPhone
- From your non-jailbroken device, open up Safari
- Go to emu4ios.net
- Pick an app that you want to download and tap Install
I know what you guys are thinking, why is it so easy?
A few months ago users had difficulty installing the official app, and it also involves changing their current date (Settings > General > Time Settings) and disable Automatic time.
I guess the Emu4iOS team decided to remove that method and let iPhone users install their apps right on the website instead.
That’s it? Just two apps?
Oh no no, we have more.
If you don’t find Emu4iOS or Mojo Installer interesting enough there are other alternatives to Cydia that you can try. We didn’t mention them above because there’s a dedicated post for each of these apps.
Check it out by clicking the link below:
Be sure to comment below and let me know which one is your favorite.