Let’s be honest: Cydia isn’t the same anymore.
First of all, it doesn’t work on iOS 11.
Most of the recently released jailbreaks are not untethered.
There is no use for a jailbreak unless Cydia Substrate gets updated to iOS 11. And we also need to wait for developers to update their tweaks as well.
This is why you see a lot of iPhone and iPad users shifting toward sideloading .IPA files. It’s a great way to install emulators and some of the tweaks that were only available for jailbroken devices.
This list is a roundup of Cydia alternatives that you can use as an app installer on your iOS device.
The good thing is you do not need a jailbreak to install them.
TweakBox: “biggest app library”
It’s impossible to ignore TweakBox because it has the largest collection of tweak ++ apps.
There are 5 different categories within TweakBox.
- Flash Apps: Find apps that Apple removed from the App Store.
- Appstore Apps: Download paid apps to try them out before you make an official purchase.
- Tweakbox Apps: Emulators, Screen recorders, Movies, and other cool stuff.
- Tweaked Apps: It’s for your favorite social media apps like Instagram and Snapchat. You can remove or add certain features.
- Hacked Games: Get a chance to try out in-app purchases before you buy it from the games.
How to Install TweakBox on your iOS device
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad
- Enter the following url: tweakboxapp.com
- Tap on the “Download App” button
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- You will need to verify its profile
- Return to your home screen and you should see the TweakBox.
From here, it’s dead simple to use the app. Tap on it to open and select the “Apps” tab. Pick a category to explore all the apps on that page.
I’m going to use Tweaked Apps as an example.
And I’ll be downloading the Tinder++ app.
Tap Install and confirm via the popup.
Note: The green check mark means the app is working fine. Sometimes, third-party apps like these are known to getting revoked by Apple.
I understand that TweakBox is hosting pirated apps (paid apps) and provide them for free to users. I do not recommend taking advantage of that. You should buy any premium apps from the App Store to support its developers. TweakBox is only useful for enhancements such as Phantom for Snapchat and Instagram Rocket.
iNoJB: Fast & Easy
If you have been in this world long enough, you would know that iNoJB was rebranded from iNoCydia recently. The application remains the same, but you can expect it to operate faster.
Just like TweakBox, iNoJB provides emulators and third-party apps for iOS devices.
You can expect to find:
- Swiftly Themes
…and many more.
iNoJB doesn’t require iPhone users to download its standalone app. Rather you can download these emulators directly via its web-based service.
That being said, all you have to do is go to this website, click on the individual app, and tap “Get”
Mojo Installer is one of the many popular Cydia alternatives for iOS device. This app allows you to install free tweaks and emulators. Not all but only the popular ones.
Here are some of our favorites:
- iNDS (review)
- iOS 10 Beta Profiles
And much more. Some of these might be recognizable to you and that’s because we’ve covered them on the blog.
How to Install Mojo Installer on iOS without Jailbreak
- Open up your iPhone and go to Safari
- Enter mojoinstaller.co and press Enter
- Tap on the blue button that says, “Install directly from iDevice” and select Build Custom Profile
- You will be redirect back and forth just to tap on the Install and Trust multiple times
When done, the new Mojo Installer app should sit nicely on your home screen.
After opening it, you can go ahead and install anything you want.
What does Mojo Installer offer?
- Custom Repositories: If you know someone that have their own repo on this app, you can add it via their Repository tab.
- Offline Support: Almost every app nowadays require an internet connection. This one can work offline.
- Easy to Navigate: Really! The interface of Mojo Installer is very simple. You can easily navigate through it without any problem.
- Account Manager: Ever wanted to have a personal repo? With this feature, you can now manage one without coding knowledge.
- Featured Packages: Too many tweaks to choose from? Look at what the developers are recommending.
AppValley 2.0: Tweaked Apps for iOS 11
AppValley became popular when other app installers got revoked by Apple. Since then, AppValley has been redesigned and updated to work with iOS 11.
In addition, they also partnered with BuildStore to offer ongoing certificates for their apps.
How to Install AppValley on iOS 11 Without Jailbreak
- On your iPhone, type in the following URL: appvalley.vip
- Tap on “Install AppValley” (this is the free version)
- Wait for the app to be installed.
You should see AppValley icon on your home screen. Upon opening, you will see the design is similar to the App Store.
It has Featured Apps, Tweaked ++ Apps, Emulators, and more.
To install an app from AppValley, tap on the specific application, and select between:
- Install as duplicated (Without Push)
- Install over original (With Push)
Pick one of those options and AppValley will start installing the app on your iOS device.
If you have trouble opening an app due to the error “Untrusted Enterprise Developer” then then follow this tutorial.
If after some time of using an app and all of the sudden it crashes on you, it means that the certificate has been revoked. You will need to download the app again.
At the end of the day, nothing can really replace Cydia since it’s the most powerful third-party App Store. You can go there for tweaks and themes to customize your iPhone and iPad.
While you wait for an actual jailbreak with working Cydia version, the apps we mentioned above can be great alternatives.