Your Apple Watch is like a computer or a laptop, except it’s much smaller and doesn’t have a built-in fan.
You know what that mean? It means the device can be running under pressure (a lot of usage throughout the day) and then start getting hot from there.
Why is my Apple Watch overheating?
Performance is one thing most people looked at when a machine gets hot. In this case, your Apple Watch. However, if you don’t often use your watch but it still overheating, there might be another good reason.
If your Apple Watch is becoming hot while being charged, you are not alone. Several users have complained about this issue. It is normal for your watch, power adapter and charging cable to become warm when connected to a power source, but not for them to turn boiling.
How to stop Apple Watch from getting hot easily
- Restart your Apple Watch by pressing on the side button until you see the Power Off slide. You can also force restart it as well.
- Unplug the Apple Watch and let it sit there for 10 – 15 minutes then turn if Off.
- Now let your Apple Watch charge and do not use it while the device is being charged
- If the watch remain black screen after you restarted it, go on your iPhone > the Watch app > General > Accessibility > VoiceOver > and Toggle it Off
Please note that Apple’s instructions suggest very clearly that while charging, Apple Watch, its power adapter, and Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable should stay in a well-ventilated area.
One more suggestion
The steps below should only be used in case the none of the solutions above helped you out, and your watch still gets hot quickly even with minimal usage.
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Go to General > Reset > Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings
- Confirm that you want to proceed and wait
You just revert your Apple Watch to its factory settings. I’ve seen some positive outcomes from this method.
For example, if these devices are charging or plugged into power sources, they shouldn’t be covered. As always, if the issue remains prominent, contact Apple for further assistant.
You may also want to check out our collection of some of the best charging docks in case there is something wrong with yours.