Xiaojigame or known as Happy Chick emulator is the all-in-one application when it comes to getting your favorite retro gaming experience back to iOS device.
In case you didn’t know, it’s possible to play Nintendo DS and Playstation games on the iPhone and iPad.
Fun fact: It has been around since iOS 7.
We’ve talked about GBA4iOS and nds4iOS as well. Both apps are great and deliver a really good experience.
Due to the new built-in certificate updates in iOS 8 and higher. It has become harder to install these emulators on your iPhone. And they all lay around on different the websites too. There is no particular place to download them.
Luckily, we have found a newer solution. Happy Chick is the name of this one-stop shop where you can find your favorite iOS emulators.
Are you a fan of Pokemon Red? They have GBA4iOS available. Wait, you like Mario Kart DS more? Happy Chick also has Nintendo DS emulator as well.
The title “one stop shop” isn’t bad for an app like this hah?
How to Install Emulators on iOS 9 using Xiaojigame
The only thing to keep in mind is that to install Happy Chick, it takes quite a bit of time sine you will have to download an additional app before that and then follow the activation link at the end.
But don’t worry, we will get through this together.
- Go to your App Store and download WeChat
- Set up your WeChat account by entering your phone number and go through the verification process with a given code
- Now look for the Search field on top of the screen and type in Xiaojigame
- There should only be one app available and its username should be in Chinese
- Look at the bottom menu you will see an option called iOS, tap on that
- Within the package’s description, tap on the blue link
- On the top right-hand corner, tap on the 3 dotted option and choose Open in Safari
- You’ll be redirected to a new page, from there copy the Activation Code and tap on the Step 1: Download for iOS button and continue choosing Install
- A new app called Happy Chick will be installed on your home screen
- Before you could open it, go to Settings > General > Device Management > Shenzhen Misi Interactive Entertainment > Trust
- Launch Happy Chick emulator and paste the Activation Code you copied earlier in Step 8.
After activating the app, you will be able to look for your favorite console games along with emulators. Keep in mind that each device has their own unique code to activate the Happy Chick app.
Xiaojigame Supported Emulators
- Nintendo DS
- Nintendo 64
- Gameboy Advance
- And many more
What about iOS 10 devices?
Did you recently update your iPhone or iPad to the latest firmware? Don’t sweat it because we just published a tutorial on how to install Happy Chick on iOS 10 without jailbreak.
Please keep in mind that the method requires a computer (Mac or Windows) and repeating the same process every seven days due to certificate expiration for free Apple developer account.