Semi-Restore is a tool (software) that allows you to put your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad back to stock condition without losing jailbreak on that device. In this tutorial, I will be showing you how to use Semi-Restore on Windows operating system.
Furthermore, if you have the latest iOS jailbreak which is the 9.1 (as of writing this post), then you can also take advantage of this utility as well. CoolStar, the developer of Semi-Restore, has released a newer version which now have support for iOS 9.x.
Before we start, please note the following:
- SemiRestore supports Windows Vista 64 bit or higher
- SemiRestore supports 64 Bit Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 or a higher equivilent distro).
- SemiRestore works on OS X 10.11 but may work on 10.9 and 10.10.
- Windows users must have iTunes 12 (not the one for older video cards), and .NET 4.0 or higher installed.
- Linux users must have libimobiledevice, GTK 3, libusbmuxd-tools, and openssl installed (which should be by default).
How to Restore an iPhone Without Losing Jailbreak
Step 1: Download Semi-Restore for iOS 5-9.x here
Step 2: Extract the Semi-Restore file after you downloaded
Step 3: Right click the Semi-Restore executable and select Run as Administrator from the popup menu.
Step 4: Semi-Restore will pop up, and it should look something like this.
Step 5: Connect your device to a computer and click the SemiRestore button.
Step 6: Please wait a few minutes for Semi-Restore to restore your iPhone without losing jailbreak.
Once Semi-Restore has completed, you will be informed that the process was successful. That’s it. You just wipe your iOS device using Semi-Restore no jailbreak lost. Enjoy! Big thanks go to CoolStar for his development.
Using iLEX RAT is another viable option when you need to remove everything from your iPhone and still get to keep the Jailbreak. After that, just set up the device as it was brand new and you should see all the stocks applications and Cydia.