The Jailbreak community is once again active thanks to the sudden drop of iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3 Jailbreak from the Pangu team. I’m very excited and can’t wait to give this a try.
In the meantime, I’ve discovered that you don’t actually need a Windows or Mac to perform the Jailbreak for this. Anyone else missed the good old’ JailbreakMe 2.0? I do, and I can’t say that this is the real one, but it will help you jailbreak your iOS 9.3.3 right on the device.
Thanks iPAStore, a premium codesigns utility that many people are now using to sideload their jailbreak tweaks.
Here are the requirements before getting started:
- Turn off Passcode and Touch ID
- Turn off Find My iPhone
and now we come to the good stuff :).
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3 without a PC
Let me just warn you right now that iPAStore isn’t free to use. It cost about $13-16 a year. But I think it’s worth it.
Step 1: Click here to head over to the iPAStore on your iPhone or iPad
Step 2: Do what you got to do and open the app from your home screen after
Step 3: Go to the Cydia section and tab on Pangu Jailbreak(iOS 9.3.3)
Step 4: Click install and again when prompted
Step 5: Open the app that was recently installed and allow notification
Step 6: Give the check mark at the bottom and tap on the green button
Step 7: Turn off your iPhone or iPad (lock it) and wait for the notification
Step 8: Swipe right to open the notification and wait for Cydia to install
Your iOS device should be rebooted, and then there is Cydia app sitting nicely on the Springboard. In case the Jailbreak didn’t successfully work, start again from Step 5.
If you don’t want to spend money on this app and prefer using a Windows computer instead then follow the instructions below.
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3 using Pangu on Windows
- Download the official PP/Pangu Jailbreak
- Right click on the .exe and click Run as administrator
- When prompted for confirmation, just click Run Anyway or Yes
- Click the button on the screen to start downloading the jailbreak
- When done, there is now a new software your on computer. Now connect your iOS device to the computer
- Wait until your device is recognized then click on the green button to start
- After that, it will ask for your Apple ID
- The PP/Pangu app should be installed on your home screen
- Follow this instruction to trust the app
- Go back and tap on the PP/Pangu app and allow notification
- Again, this will be similar to the method above. Lock your device and wait for the notification
- Unlock it with the notification app and Cydia is installing
Finally, the iPhone reboots and you’ve successfully jailbreak your iOS 9.2 – 9.3.3 using the PP/Pangu tool.