How often does your iPhone or iPad tell you that it’s running out of storage?
I’d bet a lot. But that doesn’t mean you will have to delete your photos, videos, or any of your favorite applications.
Although Apple doesn’t provide any tools to clean up the file system of our iOS devices, there is a utility that does, and it’s called iCleaner. Some of you might be familiar with the tweak on your jailbroken iPhone.
When using iCleaner on your iOS device, it removes unnecessary files such as cookies, cache, temporary files, unused dependencies, and a lot more to free up some space.
Is it only available on Cydia?
Most people know of this because it’s downloadable as a tweak from Cydia. That leaves a lot of us who upgraded to iOS 10 with no choice except to do what most people recommend: just get rid of your pictures and nonsense videos.
But that’s a story from the past because you can now sideload iCleaner Pro and start cleaning your iOS 10 device and jailbreak is not a requirement.
How to Install iCleaner Pro on iOS 10 without Jailbreak
- Head over to this Mega page to download the iCleaner Pro IPA
- Click here to get the latest version of Cydia Impactor
- Connect your iOS device to a computer
- Drag and drop the iCleaner .ipa from Step 1 to Cydia Impactor
- It will ask for your Apple ID and password, enter them to continue
The process usually takes up to a minute but usually less. When done, you will see an app called iCleaner Pro on your home screen.
Before you can open it, there is something else we need to do.
- Go to the Settings app
- General > Profile & Device Management
- Tap on your iCleaner’s profile
- Tap Trust to finish
After that, you will be able to open the application. iCleaner Pro is very easy to use as it walks you through each step and provides confirmation through popup.
Get started with the Fast cleaning and walk your way through the more advanced settings.
Hopefully, you can use this iCleaner Pro application to clean up those unused files on your iOS 10 without sacrificing your dearest photos, apps, or just generally running out of memory.
Here are a few more things you need to know:
- You have to sideload the app every seven days
- This app isn’t from the official iCleaner’s creator
- It has limited features compare to the one on Cydia
- You will experience a weird UI since it doesn’t have support for bigger iPhone resolutions