Apart from playing the Nintendo DS, I was also exposed to the PSP while still in school. This led me to love multiple consoles at the same time.
As a consequence, I decided to create another post about gaming emulator on iPhone. Just like the DS, there are emulators for PSP that you can install on your iOS devices.
In addition to saving you some extra money, not having to carry a separate device besides your iPhone or iPad is another plus.
With that being said, let’s explore some of our options.
There is no way this is your first time hearing this name. PPSSPP isn’t just for iOS; it’s a cross-compatible software that also works on Windows, Android, and other modern OS.
- Run on multiple operating systems
- Provide full HD resolution
- Touch controls are customizable
- Transfer savegames from a real PSP to the emulator
And many more. The only downside of it is that you must have a jailbroken device.
How to Install PPSSPP
- Launch Cydia and go to Sources
- Add the following repository: http://cydia.ppsspp.org/
- Download and Install the official PPSSPP from there.
After that, you should be able to see the app on your home screen.
With RetroArch, you can be actual run a lot of games from different consoles, but it’s still known for bringing the PSP experience to iOS.
It has been updated multiple times, and the most recent one has some great features.
- Real-time rewinding
- A built-in GUI/OSD system
- Multi-pass shaders
- Remote networked sound support
Again, this can only be run on jailbroken iOS devices. Still, don’t lose hope yet because the next emulator won’t disappoint you.
It will take a bit more time to install RetroArch since we can’t find a reliable repo that have this package. Therefore, you will have to do it on your own.
- On your computer go here
- Select the right iOS version and download the .deb
- Follow this post on how to install it on your device
Give it a try, if fails, take a look at the alternative below.
Oh, man, who doesn’t love a picture of a happy chicken. Well, this little dude right here will give you an opportunity to get some of the most popular emulators on your iOS, without jailbreak.
Happy Chick is the home to many different emulators such as Nintendo DS, SNES, NES, PSP, N64, and you name it.