Shortly after jailbreaking my iPhone 6 using the PG Client app, everything seems to work fine from the outside.
How did I know?
- My device rebooted
- Cydia didn’t crash upon opening
I was feeling relief until this showed up
Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status — open (2: No such file or directory)
This package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
These kind of popups are usually normal, so I thought it’s not a big deal.
Not until I switch over to the Changes tab. There is nothing there. Whenever I choose Refresh, the error would display again. So everything was empty except for the default Sources and Cydia’s main screen.
I did a quick search on Google regarding this, and none of the tutorials would help, and some were way off.
Thankfully, someone recently published a short guide on how to fix this problem. Shout out to /u/senditdown on Reddit.
Get the headache out of the way
A lot of people have tried the following method:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
But no chance of resolving anything.
If that’s the case, try this:
- Download the NewTerm .deb from here
- Mac users can use iOS App Signer to turn it from .deb to .iPA. Windows users can follow this video or this
- Download Cydia Impactor from here and sideload the MobileTerminal.ipa to your iOS device
- Go to the official site of i-Funbox and download it. Also, this lib.zip file as well
- Open iFunbox and navigate to /var/mobile/Media/Books then drop the ‘lib’ folder to that directory
Last but not least, open MobileTerminal on your iPhone or iPad and type in the following commands.
type in your password. default is alpine
type: cp -R /var/mobile/Media/Books/lib /var
After that, Cydia should start working again. For those who have either iFile or Filza and Mobile Terminal installed already, you can start with Step 4 and forward.
I hope this help and Happy Jailbreaking!