Getting stuck in recovery mode is a nightmare.
Back when I first purchase an iPod touch 4th generation, it was a horrible experience to see a screen with nothing but one head of a cord pointing at an iTunes logo.
As a new user back then, I had no idea what to do or what I did wrong.
If you’re here because recovery mode is happening to you, here might be something you did.
- Restore a Jailbroken iOS device using Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This is definitely a no no.
- You’ve followed some random steps from a tutorial, and you did it without having any knowledge about the instructions.
But that’s okay; there is a fix to this.
In this post, I’ll show you how to get out of recovery mode on your iPhone using one of these tools below.
Don’t Hate, Appreciate
Recovery mode is not your enemy. A lot of users depend on this to restore their iPhone or iPad.
If something goes wrong, you will have to enter recovery mode and use iTunes.
Although TinyUmbrella is known for saving the SHSH blobs of your iOS device, it also can save your ass. A lot of people didn’t know that there is a built-in option in this software that allows them to get out of recovery mode.
- Download the newest version of TinyUmbrella for your computer
- Connect the iPhone or iPad
- Launch TinyUmbrella and give it a few seconds to recognizes your iOS device
- Now click the visible Exit Recovery button on the top right-hand corner
And your device should boot back up.
Next, we have Redsn0w.
Again, not utility specializing in getting out of recovery. This jailbreak tool was very popular back in the day. Due to the lack of supportive firmware, not a lot of iOS users are still using it.
If you use Redsn0w enough, you will know that it also provide a feature called Recovery fix.
This option will let you get out of the recovery loop caused by a restore error.
Step 1: Download Redsn0w utility
Step 2: Connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer, and go to Extras.
Step 3: Click on Recovery fix and let do all the work.
I hope either TinyUmbrella or Redsn0w were able help you kick your iPhone or iPad out of recovery mode.
General, anything like boot loop error, or typical screen that get stuck during a jailbreak, upgrade, or downgrading process will be resolved as well.