iTunes isn’t the only software that can be used to import music, audio, and video to your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. There are many alternatives out there that work beyond what we expected. For example, a new jailbreak tweak called Audicy that allows you to import any media files right on your iOS device, meaning no need for iTunes.
Some of you may remember or have used similar packages like Safari Downloader+ or Chrome Downloader+ as the primary source for all your downloading needs directly on your device. Audicy is “a hybrid of their embedded Media Importer” but does not get included in existence downloaders; rather you will get a standalone application.
In a nutshell, it’s now easier for iPhone and iPad users to take control of the app, download music and videos then import them right to the stock Music app. This is extremely useful if you want to listen to music or watch movies offline (while on the road, for example).
Additionally, you may be happy to know that Audicy tweak also supports the ability to add music right into the default iOS ringtones manager.
Here are the rest of the features:
- Media Importer works in either 3G/LTE or WiFi modes.
- Export to Audicy from within any external app that has such support for opening Audio/Video files.
- Use Audicy to open files in other apps using the option “Open In”.
- Use Audicy to share your files using major Social Media apps.
- Freely modify your media’s Metadata i.e. track number, title, artist, album name, genre and release year.
- Browse your Photo Library for a different album artwork.
- Search Google Images for a specific album artwork using a beautiful interface designed exclusively for cover image search.
- Import multiple files at once like all the songs in an album to the same destination and let Audicy implicitly extract any embedded Metadata.
- When Browsing your device for files, Audicy automatically extract any built-in Metadata and uses it to display more details about the file.
- Choose to be notified when the import process is done and conveniently get an option to open the destination app.
- Preview audios and videos before importing them.
- Choice of import types: Song, Ringtone, Podcast, Music Video, Movie and TV Episode.
- View a list of your imported ringtones with the option to rename or delete them.
Ultimately, the main goal for this tweak is not to get iTunes involved or require users to connect their device to a computer (Mac or Windows).
How to Import Media Files to iOS directly on your iPhone
Step 1: The first thing you want to do is open Cydia
Step 2: Since this is not a free tweak, you will have to buy it ($2.99). Switch over to the Search option and type in Audicy
Step 3: After the purchase is completed, tap on Install and wait
Step 4: Respring your iPhone or iPad
As mentioned earlier, Audicy is a standalone app instead of built-in feature for an iOS downloader. Look for the application on your home screen and launch it.
Using this tweak is just one way of doing things, users may also install YouTube++ which also included the option to download YouTube videos as either audio or original video and then import them directly into the Music or Video app.